Some shots of my Blue eyes Rainbows... (Pseudomugil tenellus)

• Some shots of my Blue eyes Rainbows... (Pseudomugil tenellus)

Hello Everybody! Best regards from Sofia- BULGARIA!
      My name is Hristo Hristov, known mostly like AQUASAUR.

I had take a look around and it looks a nice place to enjoy...

So, let me begin with a new tank of mine, which I had start lately especially for collecting some Blue eyes Rainbow specimens...
      It's very hard to notice in side the present two specimens of them yet :) ...

But let me try with some typical Tenellus combats shots:

Pseudomugil tenellus:

Camera used: CANON 350D
      Lenses: EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact-Macro and EF 50mm f/1.8 II
      Ext. flashes: Canon Speedlite 430 and 580EX
    • Hi Hristo,

AQUASAUR schrieb:

I had take a look around and it looks a nice place to enjoy...
      Welcome and Thank You! We enjoy your marvelous photos :thumbup: :thumbup:

Pseudomugil tenellus is a rare species in the hobby and good photos of them are more than rare. Thank you for showing us this great insight into the live of these blue eyes.

I am wondering how you kept the deep blue colour in their eyes in the photos? - normally in my blue-eyes-photos the blue color is washed out because of the flash light ...

Translation / Übersetzung:
      Willkommen und Vielen Dank! Wir genießen Deine fantastischen Fotos :thumbup: :thumbup:

Pseudomugil tenellus ist selten im Hobby und gute Fotos sind noch seltener. Vielen Dank, das Du uns diesen Einblick in das Leben dieser Blauaugen gestattest.

Ich frage mich, wie Du dieses tiefe blau in ihren Augen im Foto festgehalten hast? - Bei meinen geblitzten Blauaugenfotos ist das blau normalerweise ausgewaschen ...
      Grüße,
      Dirk
    • Hi Hristo and welcome to this site!
      It's very nice to see you here aswell. :thumbsup:

Very good pictures (as always)! Well done. I never had any luck with P. tenellus, but your fishes are looking very good.
      So keep up your amazing work :!:

Cheers,
      Tobi

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tobi ()

• Thank you for the comments, Pals! Glad to know you like my photos!

Dirk schrieb:

I am wondering how you kept the deep blue colour in their eyes in the photos? - normally in my blue-eyes-photos the blue color is washed out because of the flash light ...
      Dirk, the only advice I could recommend is to use the faster camera shooter speed using flash - 1/200 seconds or more if possible,
      and decrease the volume of the straight “fill” flash to 1/2 (or more) of the volume of the external flash above the tank + diffuser on it!

Gerd schrieb:

It`s very pity, that we can only contact you via the Internet. I think you be the exactly right person for the IRG, or not? :?:
      Gerd, thank you, but actually I'm too busy daily person and usually have only very limited time to enjoy with any of my Hobby...
    • To get a good close up of these little faster Fellows is really hard...but may be I finally got one:

And here is one of the best quality shot of them I had make for now:

• Thank you, Dirk!

Sometime I like to experiment with some unusual and accidental shots...
      Most of the pictures like that ones become not properly right - overburned or too darkened, unfocused,foggy...
      but, there is sometime some special "effect", what gives me possibility to improvise and make a kind of ART experiment picture.
      Here is the one what I mean...These two Tenellus males was playing for the 2-3 seconds exactly under water surface below my external Flash(situated above the tank)...after flashing - all around becomes very very shining and overburn, but the fishes bodies start to "burn" like playful "Amber Flames"...and their colors look very unique!
      So, here is that Art attempt of mine...hope you'll like it?

• Hristo,

a very nice ART picture, with harmonic orange/amber and blue colors. And you fixed in the photo exactly the right moment to show the dynamics of their combat.
      Photography is always nothing else than playing with light! 8)

ein tolles KUNST-Foto, mit harmonischen orange/bernstein und blauen Farbtönen. Und Du hast im Foto genau den richtigen Moment festgehalten, um die Dynamik des Imponierens zu zeigen.
      Fotografie ist immer nur das Spiel mit Licht! 8)
      Grüße,
      Dirk
    • Einfach fantastisch deine Blauaugen, aber auch das Becken ist wunderschön!

Viele Grüße
      Nathalie
      JUWEL RIO 240

15 Melanotaenia goldiei "Dekai Village"
      1 Melanotaenia praecox "Pagai" (m)
      2 Skalare (w)
      2 Antennenwelse (w)
    • Pseudomugil furcatus

Here is update with some of the others of my Blue eyes Rainbows:

Pseudomugil furcatus